Monday, April 28, 2008

Scars by Theresa Zuber

My Savior healed a man’s shriveled hand (Matt 12:10-13), yet still chose to keep the scars in his own. Was it so Thomas could believe? Did Jesus know the nail prints in his hands would be such a moving reminder of the sacrifice he made? I wonder if his heavenly hands still bear the marks.

My life is sometimes jagged, painful & ugly. I’d like God to take away all evidence of these gaping wounds. But he knows that life’s trials are what shape my character and build my spiritual muscles. He wants me to look at these “scars” as beauty marks; reminders of the mercy, grace, faithfulness & love that he provides to carry me through.

Point of Grace has a song called, “Heal the Wound.” The chorus has this beautiful message: “Heal the wound but leave the scar; a reminder of how merciful you are. I am broken, torn apart. Take the pieces of this heart, heal the wound but leave the scar.”

Lord, I am so thankful for your mercy and grace. Help me to look upon painful times in my life and see only a beauty mark that reminds me of your love, healing power and your ability to make all things work for the good of those who love you. (Romans 8:28)

No comments: