Monday, April 28, 2008

Comfort by Theresa Zuber

We all face fears which can vary from phobia's that cripple our ability to enjoy life to just everyday worries that occupy too much of our valuable time. Regardless of the severity, scripture assures us that we need not fear because “the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world.” (1 John 4:4b) So.. “I can do everything through him who gives me strength.” (Phil 4:13) Therefore..”Have mercy on me, O God, have mercy on me, for in you my soul takes refuge. I will take refuge in the shadow of your wings until the disaster has passed.” (Psalm 57:1)

Take comfort in this passage from Isaiah 41:10-13. “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. All who rage against you will surely be ashamed and disgraced; those who oppose you will be as nothing and perish. Though you search for your enemies, you will not find them. Those who wage war against you will be as nothing at all. For I am the LORD, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you.”

All powerful God, help me to rest in the shadow of your wings, to trust you have my life in your control and to turn to you when I am afraid. Who better to chase the monsters from my thoughts?

No comments: