Monday, April 28, 2008

Just One More by Donna Ensign Woods

Ever since I was a little girl I've heard my Mother say many times...."There's always room for one more".......I thought that sounded like a good poem topic for hospitality. This poem reflects the way I "want" to be and the way I "want" my home to be....something I will forever struggle to accomplish....

Whoever comes to my front door...
There's always room for just one more.
Come on in and warm your feet,
Next to the fire's crackling heat.
Supper is ready, come let's eat.
I've one more chair, so have a seat.
A hot bowl of soup and sweet ice tea
I made extra, so you could join me.
Fresh baked cookies and coffee hot,
To gently warm that empty spot.
May burdens be lifted as you enter my door...
There's always room for just one more.
Whether it's laughter, with a story to share...
Or you need a shoulder and someone to care.
My home...a place of love and rest
I pray you'll be refreshed and blessed.
A comfy quilt and a feather bed,
With a fluffy pillow to rest your head.
I choose to make room for just one more...
It may be the Lord, knocking at my door.

No comments: