Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Where I am From... Who am I? by Jaime Reynolds


(Welcome Jaime!! Glad to see your first post!)
(Modeled after a poem by Georgia Ella Lyons)
I am from Jerry and Donna Haycraft
and later in life...blessed with Jerry Woods
I am from a single Mom, working two jobs,
...just to make ends meet.
I am from Grandpa Bob and Grandma Short.
I am from Strasburg, Illinois...a big hole in the Earth
...but it's where I called home.
I am from hiding in cabinets
and playing with pots and pans
I am from a Strawberry Shortcake bedroom.
I am from Cabbage Patch dolls and Barbie dolls.
I am from chicken coops, hog barns and sale barns.
I am from playing in water filled ditches,
after a heavy rain, with my brothers.
I am from playing in the creek with my brothers and cousins
...and Grandma Lucy never knew where we were ...
I am from big brother's hits, kicks and bruises...."Tough Love" !!!
I am from my little brother,
always knowing I was there when he was scared at night.
I am from huge gardens, tree climbing, canning,
cooking and 4-H.
I am from cooking, cleaning and laundry,
...no time for play till work is done.
I am from the most caring, and loving family
...when sometimes, that's all we had.
I am from good times and bad times.
I am Jaime (Haycraft) Reynolds
and I am proud of who I have become.
God Bless !!

No comments: