Sunday, October 12, 2008

What's your Creed? by Theresa Zuber

Today our pastor challenged us to write our Creed. "Don't panic" he said, "I know there is no creed by Christ, no book but the Bible..." However, if you don't know what you believe-- have firmly fixed in your mind the "what" and the "WHY"-- then it will be difficult to win others to Christ. How can we give testimony to the truth, when we stumble on the words? Or sometimes, out of fear or lack of preparedness, we don't speak at all.

So, I'm throwing out the challenge to the world wide web.... What is your creed? How has the truth of God's word molded and shaped your life. How has it effected your world and changed you into who you are now. What truths do you cling to that are your firm foundation? Which biblical promises give you comfort, ease your fears, warm your insides?

I've been working on this very thing for my book, and frankly, I find it a daunting task to concisely list what I believe. This will give me a reason to continue trying to organize my thoughts.

Phil 1:3 I thank my God every time I remember you. 4In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy 5because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, 6being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

Looking forward to seeing the results of this challenge!

No comments: