Sunday, October 12, 2008

River of Contentment by Donna (Ensign) Woods


When before the Lord, on bended knee,
River of CONTENTMENT flow over me.
Wash away tears of my day,
Renew me as I pray.
Breathe deep and be refeshed
Feel His touch...so richly blessed.
CONTENT....peace be still,
To seek His perfect will.
Longing to hear..."Well Done"
As light fades witht the setting sun.
To hear the whisper of His voice,
As He touches my every choice.
CONTENT with who I am...
In God's wonderous plan.
Cradled in the arms of the Lord
As rocking a baby...loved and adored.
CONTENTMENT found in His mercy and grace
While He caresses my weathered face.
Peace cannot be found in fortune or fame
But, only in the promise of His holy name.
...Sweet peaceful rest...
CONTENTMENT blest.
Oh River of CONTENTMENT, flow over me,
Touch my soul from bended knee.


Scriptures about Contentment

PROVERBS 19:23
The fear of the Lord leads to life:
then one rests CONTENT
untouched by trouble.

HEBREWS 13:5
Keep your lives free from the love of money and
be CONTENT with what you have, because God has said,
"Never will I leave you;
never will I forsake you."

1 TIMOTHY 6:6-8
But godliness with CONTENTMENT is great gain.
For we brought nothing into this world, and
we can take nothing out of it.
But if we have food and clothing, we will
be CONTENT with that.

PHILLIPIANS 4:11-12
......I have learned to be content what ever the circumstances.
I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty.
I have learned the secret of being CONTENT
in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry,
whether living in plenty or in want.

No comments: