Sunday, October 12, 2008

Sweet Words by Joyce Schafer

I remember an especially unfruitful harvest season. The combine would go all day with only a trip or two to the bins.

We sat our four children down and explained to them that we would need to cut down on expenses.

Later in the day, I was running to town for groceries and asked my husband if he had any cash. The next thing I knew here came my little one with his piggy bank saying, “Here, Mommy, you can have my money for food.” I was truly humbled by his thoughtfulness.


I sat the kids back down and explained even though we could not afford a lot of extra things, they did not need to worry about having a home or food.

It is amazing how God can teach us life lessons. I learned that day that we need to be content with what we have and true blessing can come in the form of a little boy and his piggy bank.

Phillipians 4:12-13 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength.

No comments: