Monday, March 8, 2010

How Sweet the Sound by Vaneta Andrews


At the dentist … Are you kidding me?

I’ve never really been too nervous about going to the dentist. However after one painful visit I became apprehensive. At my next visit I decided to pray before going in. I also quote scripture and sing (to myself of course) worship and praise songs while in the chair. I don’t pick the scripture or songs. I just let the Spirit work.

My last visit had an ironic twist. The song the Spirit gave me … Amazing Grace how sweet the sound and that’s where it stopped. I just kept repeating that line over and over. I’m surprised Dr. Dill couldn’t hear me laughing it was just so comical. I mean, come on, we all know it is not a sweet sound at the dentist. But God once again provided just what I needed at the time, as He always does.

“Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:6-7

“…And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” Matthew 28:20b


So yes, I guess the dentist can have a sweet sound if God is with you! So take Him with you every where you go you never know when you just might need Him!

No comments: