Sunday, August 10, 2008

Moments by Julie Short

Overwhelmed with:
Fear
Loneliness
Debt
Agendas
Pain
Anxiety
Anger
Grief
Guilt
Yesterday
Tomorrow
Lack of time
Lack of energy


But, what does God want me to do today?
How can I reach out and feel less lonely today?

Praise God that I don’t have to live yesterday today
And I don’t have to live tomorrow today.

I can live in the moments of this day,
some will be good,
some blah,
some challenging,
some painful,
and some beautiful, unforgettable.

If I live the moments of this day,
cherishing the good moments
celebrating the great ones
letting go of the ones I have no control over
(after all we only have control over ourselves,)

if I push away the remnants of yesterday
and I don’t grab tomorrow before it comes

If I simply live in the moments of this day,
one moment at a time,
relying on God to lead, guide and protect
Hiding His word in my heart.

I don’t feel overwhelmed.

Moments are doable
they don’t have room for yesterday
or tomorrow.

They only happen today one at a time

Praise God for moments!

No comments: