Friday, August 22, 2008

Change by Julie Short


Listen
Sh
Listen

Do you hear Him? Are you open? Are you willing?

Are you still and listening?

Or are you busy being; Angry, shooting hurtful venomous words at others
Trying to change others, Make them…..

The only person we can change is us.

I stepped out of my anger for just a moment and I listened
I heard…Is it worth your relationship with me?

Listen, and God will lead, listen and forgive
Listen,
And allow God to change you into someone you won’t even recognize.
And out of the broken/shattered pieces of my life
God is making something beautiful.
Listen, do you hear the pencil drawing on the paper,
amazing I didn’t know I could do that
Listen, do you hear the sound of the keys typing out the words I never knew
Listen, do you hear the sound of my speaking in front of people,
I never could have
Listen, do you hear the sound of scissors cutting and hammers hitting nails,
Listen, do you hear God picking up each shattered/broken piece
and carefully putting it together, molding and hammering.

The most important change
is allowing God to change us, our hearts, our minds,
Allowing God to make something beautiful out of the mess of our lives.
Change does not come without being open to God,
with out pain, without patience.
God makes all things beautiful in His time.
Are you Listening?
“My sheep listen to my voice; I know them and they follow me.” John 10:27

No comments: