Monday, June 30, 2008

What are you reading this Summer? from Susan Shull

I just finished Because She Can by Bridie Clark. It was a cute book, but very predictable. I would compare it to The Devil Wears Prada only without the fashion references, which I really enjoyed. Skip it unless you enjoy learning about the publishing industry, which I do. There was bad language-it seems that is just par for the course these days. Now I am reading The Kite Runner, by Khaled Hosseini. I read his other book A Thousand Splendid Suns, and I loved it. It was beautifully written, and I learned a great deal about Afghanistan before 9-11 and the Muslim religion-scary stuff, I might add.

I have a big stack waiting for me including some Karen Kingsbury. Let me know what you are reading. Just click on the comment link and follow directions-it’s easy!

No comments: