Monday, June 16, 2008

I Didn't Thank Him by Donna Ensign Woods

The alarm sounded and I quickly started my day,
I only took a moment to half-heartedly pray.

I didn't thank Him for my physical health,
Or for my job, that gives me comfortable wealth.

I sang no song of worship and praise.
I just walked through the day, in my own selfish ways.

I didn't thank Him for my children today,
And for the wonderous joy they bring my way.

I barely noticed the blue Summer sky,
Or the magnificent wings of a butterfly.

I didn't thank Him for my nice, safe home,
Or for the beautiful sunshine that brightly shone.

No heart-felt words for family and friends,
Or gratitude for the blessings He sends.

I didn't thank Him for the gift of sight...
Or for standing guard over me as I slept last night.

I ate my breakfast and headed for the door
...mumbling, "Why couldn't I work less, and have more ??"

...........On my way to work, I saw a cross on a steeple....
And was reminded of the price, paid for God's people.

He took the punishment, for my failure and sin
...He died for me !!!...and I didn't thank Him !!!!!

No comments: