Monday, June 16, 2008

I Taught...They Taught by Donna Ensign Woods


I taught my children how they should behave...
They taught me to be tolerant and brave.

They quickly learned their ABC's...
I quickly learned to get down on my knees.

I struggled to teach them right from wrong...
They taught me to be patient and strong.

I taught them the importance of being polite...
They taught me to pray with all my might.

I taught them to be fair in the games they play...
They taught me what truly matters along the way.

I helped them learn to read and do their math...
They taught me to have fun and laugh.

I taught them to finish whatever they start...
They taught me to pray, with ALL my heart

I taught them to be neat and clean...
They taught me to have faith in the unseen.

I continually give them all my love...
They give me hope and trust in God above.

I taught one thing...They taught another...
It's the wonderful world of being a Mother !!!!

No comments: