Sunday, January 22, 2012


CRASHING WAVES
written by Donna (Ensign) Woods

James 1: 6
"But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt,
because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea,
blown and tossed by the wind."


Tossed about on a deadly sea.
Waves threaten to devour me.
Luring, pull of the powerful deep
My soul it longs to steal and keep.
Waves crashing with deadly force
Confused and frightened----I'm off course.
The ocean's deafening pulse beats
As it lurches, grabs and retreats
Grabbing, pulling, consuming me
With no desire to set me free.
Waves scream in devilish delight
As it swells and crashes, it blocks my sight.
Salt sprays hiss and sting
....As demons of the deep squeal and sing.
Covered with this world's mossy slime
I stand accused of sinful crime.
On slippery rocks, I cannot stand
I cry out for the Father's hand
As I'm being grabbed and swept away
With faith-filled hope....I pray.
"PEACE, BE STILL"...I hear Him call
As demonic waves retreat and fall.
He's saved me, once again
From the crashing waves of sin.
He scoops me up in loving arm
Rescues from waves of harm.
He places me on peaceful sand
Holding me...so I can stand.
Reminding me of my place.....
He whispers,"CONTINUALLY SEEK MY FACE."
"NEVER RUN AHEAD OF ME...
OR BE LURED BY THE CRASHING WAVES OF THE SEA."

No comments: