Friday, February 10, 2012


WHAT DO I LEAVE
written by Donna (Ensign) Woods


"This is what the Lord God says:
Give careful thought to your ways."
Haggai 1:7
 

As I turn back the pages of my mind
What in the past do I find ?
Did I leave behind a trail of gladness?
....Or was it paved with sadness?
Was conflict laced with forgiveness ?
....Or was it thorn laden with bitterness ?
Of the Legacy I leave behind
What treasures can I find ?
Was there disappointment or joy
For each precious girl and boy ?
Did I leave behind tears or smiles
For all those faded miles ?
Did I plant the seeds of faith ?
...Even when shadows crossed my face....
Does my family know I love them much ?
Are they warmed by memory's touch ?
What witness do I live
What Legacy do I give ??
Do I leave behind treasures
That bless a heart with joyful pleasures
Or has trash littered my life's trail
Did I succeed ? Or did I fail ?
As I travel and journey on
All the yesterdays are gone....
But the Legacy I left continues to live.
Today......What memories shall I create for tomorrow's past to give ??????

No comments: