Friday, February 25, 2011

I Love Tech Support by Joyce Schafer


I have a “love-hate” relationship with computers. I love them when they are working right. I love being able to keep in contact with friends and family using email. Writing on a computer is wonderful because I can go back, read what I have written and delete what does not make any sense and redo over and over again. Spell check is another amazing tool that I am very thankful to have. Yes, I really love my computer -sometimes. Now the hate part comes in when it is not working right. That is what happened to me, my computer died…..I wish I could say that it lived to a ripe old age and it was time to replace it but that was not the case. It was still young and should have had several productive years ahead of it. Since owning a computer has gone from being a luxury to being a necessity for us, we had to replace it.

I was feeling pretty good when I was actually able to get most things hooked up on my computer by myself and they actually worked, but I could not get my email to cooperate. After spending hours trying to figure it out, I finally gave up and called tech assistance. Now, this was the coolest thing. This guy could control my mouse and do what needed to be done and had me up and going in minutes. The whole situation was humbling to me but I also saw a similarity to my relationship with my Supreme Tech support guy-God. How many times in my life have I worried and tried to fix a problem on my own instead of just giving him complete control over the situation? As I start this New Year, I pray that I remember to give God control of my life because then 2011 will be the best year yet!


No comments: