Thursday, February 24, 2011

Women in the Bible by Theresa Zuber


I am so thankful for the women in the Bible! I read passages that help me to understand that not only am I a helpmate to my husband, but that God can use me as His servant in many ways.
Esther chapter 4 shows us that God positioned Esther so that she would have favor with the king in saving the Jewish people. Her uncle encouraged her by asking her “ And who knows but that you have come to your royal position for such a time as this?” Another passage tells us about Deborah a prophetess who was the leader of Israel. Read about her in Judges 4 and how God used her in a mighty way. Luke 24 (and the other gospels) recounts the women finding the tomb empty. Women were the first to discover this and were given the ominous task of spreading the Good News of Jesus’ resurrection to the disciples.
Acts 2: 17" 'In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams. 18Even on my servants, both men and women, I will pour out my Spirit in those days, and they will prophesy.” Thank you Lord for Galatians 3 that declares “ 27 for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.”
Heavenly Father – author of my existence – help me to always be mindful of my place in your world. Help me to submit, to assist, to lead, to be still, to be bold – all as you have ordained for me. Mostly – give me the wisdom I need to follow YOUR lead so that all I do and say (and write!) is in accordance with Your will.
1 Peter 4:10Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms. 11If anyone speaks, he should do it as one speaking the very words of God. If anyone serves, he should do it with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen.

No comments: