Tuesday, March 1, 2011

For Such a Time as This by Donna (Ensign) Woods

I was created...for such a time as this.
A God-given moment...I shall not miss...
So many times God said "NO"
When a different direction, I was to go.
Rocks that made me stumble and fall
Because...flat on my face...I could hear Him call !
...Preparing me, so I wouldn't miss
Such a time as this.
He often allowed my broken heart.
To give me strength for a brand new start.
No such thing as "coincidence" or "luck"
...As I wade through life's mire and muck
...Equipping me...so I will not miss
Such a time as this.
Injury, Illness and Disease...
To toughen callouses on my knees
All part of God's wondrous plan
...A stairway to Heaven for mortal man.
For such a time as this
I do not want to miss.
Those fiery trials I must endure
Result in blessings...I can be sure.
...A beggar on the street...
Pricks my heart and moves my feet.
The cries of a friend in need
Provides the soil to plant a seed.
God prepares me...so I will not miss
Such a time as this.
All things work together for good
...In God's time...just as they should.
Creating a detailed history
For a perfectly planned destiny.
For such a time as this
I do not want to miss.
Though Satan labors to destroy
...He can never touch my eternal joy !!
He can never stand between God and me
...Or remove the blood that set me free...
My Savior's feet, I kneel and kiss
...For such a time as this !!

No comments: