Saturday, December 31, 2011

"Who Do I Think I Am?!?!" written by Donna (Ensign) Woods




Who do I think I am ?
Just a broken piece of glass
With a jagged, dirty past.
A vessel....useless and broken
Healing words unspoken.
Who do I think I am ?
A vapor, a fading mist
Of only dust, I consist.
A wilted petal tossed in the wind
......Broken....for I have sinned.
Who do I think I am ?
I stand condemned and all alone
As I make my way to God's throne
Rejected, hated I crawl in shame
I hang my head, accept the blame.
My life...unclean, unclean
Hide my shame so it won't be seen.
Who do I think I am ??
I have no right
To stand in God's sight
No right to speak His name
....Not with my sin and shame.
No right to crawl before His throne
...Or expect mercy to be shown.
WHO?? Who do I think I am ??
Christ has spoken
To His child, dirty and broken....
A gentle voice soft and still
Speaks with love, my heart to fill
"You are My child
For whom I suffered....and smiled.
You are Mine....All Mine !
I've loved you since the dawn of time."
I feel His mercy, compassion's touch !
....And He loves ME so very much !!
I am sinner...Forgiven
It's not for this world I'm livin'
I am a work of art !!
With the Spirit of God...Living in my heart !!
Who ? Who do I think I am ??
I am a Princess !! Daughter of the King !!!
It is for Him that I sing !
Who do I think I am ???
....A tiny piece of God's perfect plan....
And you....What about you ?
Are you dirty and broken too ??
Who do you think you are ?
With shame behind each scar.
A closet filled with ghosts of the past
Gaping wounds to forever last...
You too are a child of the King
With a mighty song to sing...
Who ? Who do you think you are ??

No comments: