Saturday, December 31, 2011

A Child's Fear written by Donna (Ensign) Woods


A CHILD'S FEAR
written by Donna (Ensign) Woods
I had a very vivid imagination as a child...
During the day, I laughed and played and smiled.
But when bedtime came in the dark of night
My heart and mind trembled in fright.
I imagined witches and bats lurking behind attic door
....And under my bed awaited more.
I ran and jumped into bed
Before they could grab me, I covered my head.
Evil little monsters with claws and fangs.
Blood thirsty creatures awaited in gangs !!
In the dark upstairs and all alone
The wind became a demon's moan.
The brush of branches from a tree
Became demonic beast, taunting me.
I often lay facing my dresser mirror
...So I could see my entire room....filled with fear !
In my closet, lived a ghost
I think I feared it the very most!
I imagined it floating around my bed
My heart consumed with dread.
Horrific and long was sleepless night
Heart pounding in my ears of fright.
On fearfull nights while laying in bed....
A single prayer played in my head..
I whispered it over and over till I fell asleep
Because some how I knew it would protect and keep.
Even as a child, the Lord's Prayer was power
To comfort and protect in my fear filled hour.
Though wretched demons surrounded me
...Threatening to torture and devour me...
God sent angels to guard over me....
From chains of fear to set me free.
I knew demons were close, but could not touch
Because Father God loves me much !!!
And now....I'v learned...The Bible says the demons are real !!
Their sulfer breath I often sense and feel
They still taunt and threaten to destroy
Laboring to steal my joy....
But I peacefully sleep all night long.
God replaced childhood fear with His song....
As angels stand guard around my bed
The Lord's promise plays in my head
Reminding me...there's nothing to fear....
For He Himself....stands very near.

No comments: