Saturday, December 31, 2011

Christmas-the Gift of Love by Joyce Schafer



 
    God gave us the ultimate gift of love when he gave us his son to live and die for us.
 
    This Christmas season, I have seen the true meaning of Christmas-LOVE- in our community.  I have seen the outpouring of LOVE in the donations to Toys for Tots, Homefront, World Vision, and Food Pantries.  I have witnessed people coming together to make Christmas brighter for nursery home residents, single mothers, cancer patients and their families.  I think God is truly working in the hearts of the people I know.  It seems like anytime a need is mentioned, the response is an overwhelming “What can we do to help?”  Then most importantly these words are put into action.
 
    The Christmas season is bringing  out the best in us  and my hope is that this feeling of giving, compassion and love follows through in 2012.  What a wonderful year it will be if we LOVE each other the way God wants us to do.  MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!

No comments: