Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The Fog by Donna Ensign Woods

                                                  
                                                   
In the midst of fog---so eerie and dense
I desperately cling to the fence.
Afraid to risk letting go
Stepping into a future, I do not know.
Imagination plays endless trick....
Mind tortured by fog so thick.
Clutching the fence....familiar and sure
Fearful of dangers I might endure.
Beyond the fog, I hear a voice call
"Trust Me, I won't let you fall"
Frantic, I search the fog for Him
Through my eyes cloudy and dim.
I struggle desperately to see
From where the voice calls to me.
Uncertain if I can stand
.....Should I reach out to take His hand ?
Is the danger lurking where I cannot see ?
...Or is it really closing in on me ??
In reality is my fence a dangerous ledge ?
Am I slipping from a jagged edge ?
...Or am I consumed in a cavern deep
Beneath mountains narrow and steep....
Do I stay?....Or do I go ??
.....Safety of this fence is all I know
The fog so painfully dense...I cannot see !!!
But I feel the Lord is nudging me.
Do I let go and take His hand....
Forever trusting what he has planned ?
He promised I have nothing to fear
....How I wish the fog would lift and clear.
It grows thicker the longer I wait
Why Oh why....do I hesitate ??
To a worthless fence I cling
Instead of trusting my Savior King !
Cowering in the fog....clinging to the fence
....It simply makes no sense !
The moment I trust and let go....
Glorious blessings I will know
Each day......a step of faith
Do I cling to the fence ?
                 ....or leave this place ?

No comments: