Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Surrounded by Beauty by Tana LeMay

I love pretty things – clothing, jewelry, furniture, flowers, pictures….the list goes on and on. I believe God gives each of us an appreciation for beauty, whether it be manmade or crafted by God’s own hands. To some, myself not included, He gives the ability to create beauty in stories, songs, poetry, and art. To all He gives the ability to enjoy His creation and created things through our senses. With our eyes we gaze in wonder as a rainbow fills the horizon. The sweet aroma of lilacs on a summer breeze tickles our nose. A child’s giggle is sweet music to a mother’s ear. And does anything taste better than warm apple pie? Or feel softer than a baby’s skin? We don’t have to run to the nearest mall or museum to find beauty. If we look hard enough, we can find it in each moment.

13 For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. 14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. Psalm 139: 13-14.

No comments: