Tuesday, October 5, 2010

My Dirty Window by Jennifer Marshall

Welcome new contributor Jennifer Marshall!! We look forward to sharing more of your work.

I've been washing windows today and this has given me a lot of time to think and pray to God.

While doing so I'm thinking to myself how we are like the window (the dirty window). What does your window look like when looking through it, when others do, but more importantly what does God see?

I think about the water stains and wonder, are they like tears of others whom we have hurt and we need to go to and ask for forgiveness. Are they tears from God for our sins?

What about the bug poop? I wonder if they are spots of mud that we have slung at others in our thoughts or words of hurt, guilt, shame, jealousy? Could any of those spots be at God, when things didn't go our way, or when things have happened and we thought we could handle it without Him?

And the smudges, OH the dreaded smudges? Where we tried to wipe it clean once before and failed. Are these things we've asked God for forgiveness but haven't really repented? Or could it be where we have said we have forgiven someone or even God for something that has went wrong but we know down deep that we really haven't.

Through all of those spots and smudges, God's window to our soul is wiped clean every time we truly ask for His forgiveness. How amazing is His Love!!!

I hope you can clean your window today not for yourself but for the Lord. So the light that is within will shine through.

No comments: