Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Above The Clouds by Vaneta Andrews

In the darkest corner of my life, I keep believing because … without belief there is no hope, there is no light!

It seems as if there has been a dark cloud hanging over our family this summer … following us around. Yet there is hope! God made these promises:
“We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down but not destroyed.” 2 Corinthians 4:8-9.
“For the Lord your God is a merciful God – he will not abandon or destroy you …” Deuteronomy 4:31 “Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.” James 1:12

As I sat in a hotel in Springfield on July 31 I started my journal with “Here I sit alone.” But God was quick to remind me that I was not truly alone. God has been with me (us) every step of the way! From wise doctors, to amazing nurses, to quick answers from disability, to generous family and friends.

I will admit … it hasn’t always been easy to see God in our circumstances but as I look back He has been there! He always is!! We just have to open ourselves up to Him; to see Him and feel Him!

They say that every cloud has a silver lining. Well I don’t know about your clouds but mine are paved with gold!

“It’s hard to see the light in the midst of the storm. But remember, just beyond the cloud cover is an amazing sight. Today allow God to show you life from His perspective.” (Quiet Moments with God Devotional Journal for Women, Feb 28)
I pray you will always see and feel God in all your circumstances!

No comments: