Tuesday, October 5, 2010

God---Like a Grandparent? By Joyce Schafer

Are you like me and find it easy to pray for the BIG stuff but forget to pray for the LITTLE problems you experience every day? I have no trouble thanking God for the big miracles he performs but forget to show my gratitude for the multitude of small blessings I receive on a daily basis. I have to keep reminding myself that God wants to be a part of my life everyday and he wants to give me blessings all the time.
I have finally come to realize that God‘s feelings for me are a lot like my feelings for my grandchildren. I want to be a part of their lives in all things that they do whether it is ball games, band concerts, or any of their other interests and not just at birthdays or Christmas. I want to be in the stands cheering them on just like God is in heaven cheering us on. All my grandkids have to do is give me a call and they know that I will try to be there. All we have to do with God is just let him know we want and need him to be a part of our lives every day and in every way and he WILL be there.

Romans 8:28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

No comments: