Sunday, August 8, 2010

My Favorite Place by Tana LeMay


My porch is my favorite spot. I love to sit out there early in the morning and watch the sun rise. The beauty of God’s creation surrounds me….in the dawning of a new day, sunlight reflected in the tiny drops of the dew topping each blade of grass. I gaze upon the hummingbirds visiting the feeder, while the joyful song of a meadow lark perched in a nearby tree flows around me. I can hear the wind rustling the leaves of the crop planted in the field and imagine I can see them reaching for the warmth of the sun.

My porch is also my favorite place for enjoying the power of a rain storm. The thunder rumbles in the distance, coming closer and closer. Billowing clouds move swiftly near, sometimes ominous in their silent approach. Streaks of lightening strike the ground, lighting up the sky with their amazing energy. A new sound is heard in the distance, quickly approaching. It’s thousands of droplets of water pouring from the sky, bouncing off the leaves of trees and plants and falling to the ground. The wind picks up and I rush for the door, barely making it inside as the wind and rain reach my porch.

Psalm 19:1 (New International Version) 1 The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands.

No comments: