Friday, October 30, 2009

PEACEFUL SCENES by Donna (Ensign) Woods



"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."
Matthew 11:28


Stroling on a desserted beach
Where worldly trials cannot reach
Warm, wet sand between my toes
Saltwater...to tickle my nose
An ocean breeze to soothe and caress,
The hand of God to love and bless.

Alone with God on mountain trail
Refreshing peace does not fail.
The babbling of a cool, clear stream
A soothing lullaby....so it would seem.
Nature's symphony performing for me
...No grander stage could ever be.

A visit to the garden of a brand new day
Allowing God to lead the way
A winding path a wonderous place
Where dew drops kiss nature's face.
A praying mantis on flowering vine
Reminds me to pray ...all the time.

On my patio, with coffee in hand
Listening to what God has planned.
Leaves twirl and dance to gentle breeze,
As the breath of God moves through the trees
His caressing whisper soothes my soul
When daily trials take their tole.

Wading bare foot in lazy streams
Lost in my own peaceful dreams
Leaving the world far, far away
Feeling God's presence, as I pray.
Peaceful scenes in this Earthly place
To refresh and renew as we run life's race.

No comments: