Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Lookin' out my Window by Donna (Ensign) Woods



Riding down life's highway,
In one place, we cannot stay.
Lookin' out my window
Watching time fly by...
Fighting the urge to cry.
Speeding by...nearly out of control
...Daily trials take their tole.
Lookin' out my window
To a peaceful, woodland scene...
Rolling pastures...lush and green.
Homes, each with a story to tell,
...Some being built and some to sell.
Crossing lazy rivers and streams,
Lost in my own hopes and dreams.
Lookin' out my window
Framing scenes and changing fast
...No moment is made to last.
Roadside flowers...and a wooden cross
...In memory of precious lives lost...
With my destination no where in sight,
There's food and lodging, the very next right.
...But onward my journey goes,
On paths only my Lord knows.
Lookin' out my window
At trash along life's highway,
Old tires and food wrappers, tossed away.
...Like garbage in my very own past !!
...And memories...forever to last.
I pray for people in cars I meet,
Especially for children in each back seat.
As I listen to my engine hum...
I wonder what each is running to...or from.
Lookin' out my window
A big rig is broken down
Waiting for a tow, from nearby town.
Row after row of beans and corn
...And new baby calves that have just been born.
Drivers with families ...and some all alone
...A bicycle fastened to a motor home.
Old cars and new... trucks big and tall
...I wonder about the treasures they each haul.
A homeless man holds a sign...
Tugging at this heart of mine.
Through the window, I hand him a bill...
Praying for him as I top the next hill
A beautiful sunset comes into view.
God's promise....that tomorrow will be fresh and new.

No comments: