Thursday, April 2, 2009

I Would Die for You written by Donna (Ensign) Woods


As I struggle with the "unfairness" of my little granddaughter's medical problems,
I write...and I write... in an effort to cope, to understand....to find comfort and peace.
I share this with anyone who is dealing with life that is often "unfair"....especially "unfair" to a child you love. I pray you will find peace within my words and rhyme.
especially for my little Madison

With Maddy, I snuggle and rock,
Sing "Jesus Loves Me", laugh and talk.
My precious little one,
We set and rock, when day is done.
I hold you safe and tight,
Ready to defend and fight.
But for the demons I cannot see,
I fight that battle from bended knee.

A kiss, a hug, a gentle touch
I love you ...so very much !
If I could spare you from tears you cry
...I would not hesitate to die.

With Father God, I plead my case,
Just let ME suffer... in her palce.
Let her grow healthy and strong
Living with peace and joy so long.

All the testing they put you through
With fear and uncertainty too.
If I could wipe away tears you cry
...So you would never suffer or sigh
I would not hesitate to die for you
This, for you...I would do.

If I could bless each tomorrow
and save you from pain and sorrow.
If I could face your fears...
...And I could own your tears
I would lay down my life for you
If that would bless your life anew.

As I search your baby blue eyes...
A million times, my heart breaks and cries.
Often times, I fall to my knees and cry....
"WHY GOD?? WHY ??"

I struggle to understand
...As my tears fall into His hand.
I humbly pray, down on my knees
And His gentle voice is carried on the breeze.

And He whispers.....
"I love Maddy...even more than you do."
"Trust Me... to carry her through."
"I love her...you can be sure" "...Because I...already died for her !!!"

No comments: