Thursday, April 2, 2009

I Can Only Imagine by Theresa Zuber




John 14: 1"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God ; trust also in me.
2In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so,
I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you.
3And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back
and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.”


I can only imagine what it will be like
When I walk by your side.
I can only imagine what my eyes will see
When your face is before me.
I can only imagine

CHORUS:Surrounded by Your glory, what will my heart feel?
Will I dance for you Jesus or in awe of you be still?
Will I stand in your presence or to my knees will I fall?
Will I sing hallelujah; will I be able to speak at all?
I can only imagine

I can only imagine when that day comes
And I find myself standing in the Son.
I can only imagine when all I will do
Is forever - forever worship You.
I can only imagine.

Performed by Mercy Me(c)1999
Simpleville Music(ASCAP)Words and Music by Bart Millard

Have you taken some time to imagine what heaven might be like? The line of this song that says, “Will I dance for you Jesus or in awe of you be still?” How out there is that? When I picture heaven, I never picture myself dancing in front of Jesus. But, if Ed McMahon showed up at my door with a 10 million dollar check, you couldn’t hold me still. I’d be dancing all over the neighborhood! Why would my joy be less?

And the part that says “Or in awe of you be still” You know me; I always have something to say. Most often when I think of heaven, I picture calm and peace and love; which are really more feelings, than visions. I do envision a choir of angels and of course, I couldn’t help but sing with them. ”When all I have to do is forever – forever worship you.” But being still?

Revelation 21:21 “The twelve gates were twelve pearls, each gate made of a single pearl. The great street of the city was of pure gold, like transparent glass.”

Even if you have a good imagination, everything that we can think of will pale in comparison to how breathtaking it will truly be. In the book of Revelation, John uses the rarest jewels and gems to describe what is indescribable. Streets paved with gold is unimaginable enough – but gold so pure it is clear??? A gate made out of a single giant pearl? It’s like trying to describe a rainbow to someone who has been blind since birth. Indescribable.

Spend some time today, thinking about what it will be like to be in the presence of God Almighty. I can only imagine standing there in complete silence, as my lack of true knowledge astonishes me in His presence. I imagine being awestruck at the beauty and magnificence of his heavenly creation. But “I can only imagine.”

Rev 19: 6Then I heard what sounded like a great multitude, like the roar of rushing waters and like loud peals of thunder, shouting: "Hallelujah! For our Lord God Almighty reigns. 7Let us rejoice and be glad and give him glory! For the wedding of the Lamb has come, and his bride has made herself ready. 8Fine linen, bright and clean, was given her to wear."

Judgment is real. Heaven is real. Hell is real. The choices I make today have eternal repercussions. There is something better out there and the reason we’re never satisfied is because “we are not of this world.” But one day, we’ll go home to our heavenly Father - and oh- “I can only imagine.”

Rev 20: 11Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. Earth and sky fled from his presence, and there was no place for them. 12And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books. 13The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what he had done. 14Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death. 15If anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

Father God, help me to never be completely content with my life on earth, because I know that you have much greater plans! I know that my human mind can’t fathom the magnificence of heaven – of you. Just help my simple mind to understand that it IS real and that missing out means eternal separation from you. Lord, that is something I cannot imagine – and never want to. What I long to experience is complete peace and beauty. And one day – I’ll no longer have to imagine.

My name’s written there…is yours?

“Surrounded by Your glory, what will my heart feel?
Will I dance for you Jesus or in awe of you be still?
Will I stand in your presence or to my knees will I fall?
Will I sing hallelujah; will I be able to speak at all?
I can only imagine”

No comments: