Friday, March 11, 2011

Worship Spotlight by Theresa Zuber

When visiting other churches I have often noticed that numerous people take
notes during the sermon. I have thought – “that’s a good idea. We should
encourage OUR congregation to do that.” You see, I learned long ago at a
work seminar, that writing helps us remember the content. Rereading (also
reading aloud) helps to use different parts of our brains to assimilate the
information – thereby increasing the likelihood of remembering the subject
matter.


What subject matter is more important to our daily life – our eternal life-
than God’s Word as it is proclaimed and explained to us! How often have you
pondered a scripture mentioned but could not remember where it is found? How
many times does a phrase or a scripture strike a chord with you – but if it
is not noted, slips away – forgotten.


*Psalm 119:133 “Direct my footsteps according to your word; let no sin rule
over me.”*

*
*

I must say that although I thought it was a good idea – I only began doing
this myself recently. However it has helped me to focus more, to remember
more and to capture those scriptures or phrases that God wants me to ponder
over. I know there are already a few at SACC that take notes – thank you for
your example. I want to challenge others to join in. Did you know that you
can worship God as you listen to a sermon? *Psalm 119:97 says “Oh, how I
love your law! I meditate on it all day long.” *What could please him
more? Sounds like worshiping to me. You see, it’s not about the music.


Seek Him – and he will be found*. *

*
*

*Jeremiah 29:13 “You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your
heart.”*

*Psalm 119:58 “I have sought your face with all my heart; be gracious to me
according to your promise.” *

No comments: