Sunday, December 13, 2009

The Gift of a Kind Deed by Glenna Shryock


Several years ago, I had a fracture in my back. After yet another trip to the doctor in Terre Haute to check my extremely slow healing process, I stopped at Wal-Mart to purchase groceries and dog food. My back was hurting from being on my feet and pushing the cart. My spirits were low as I didn’t seem to be making any progress with recovery. As I approached my car, I wondered how much more my back would hurt after loading the dog food into the trunk. At that moment, a man with only one arm walked up, grabbed the dog food bag and placed it in my trunk. I was stunned! I finally recovered enough to quickly thank him as he walked away.

My heavenly Father knew my need. He sent an earthly “angel” who reminded me that we are all capable of showing His love to someone else, no matter our own personal situation.

2 Corinthians 1: 3-4: Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, Who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God.

No comments: