Thursday, January 29, 2009

I Didn't by Julie Short




This poem about marriage was inspired by the new movie
"FireProof" which is available on DVD now.




I saw you today
For the first time
In a long time

Only
You were walking away

I’m sure It was something I said
Or didn’t say

Something I did
Or didn’t do

I didn’t treat you with the respect
I would a dear friend

I didn’t try to see you
And your needs

I was only concerned
About my needs.

I didn’t say thank you
I didn’t appreciate you

I didn’t cherish you

I didn’t listen
I didn’t try

I didn’t bring you flowers
Just because

I didn’t surprise you
With something that would
Make You smile

I didn’t sit down beside you
To watch a football game
I didn’t ask about your day

I only
Yelled about the little
Insignificant things.

And
You stood there
all
The time
Just waiting
to be seen.


No comments: