Sunday, January 11, 2009

Commitments not Resolutions by Joyce Schafer

My dictionary defines resolution as “a formal proposal” while the definition for commitment is “a pledge.” This year I am making commitments to God.
Commitment #1 Pray first then act I have a tendency to act first and then only after I make a mess of things ask God for help. This year I am going to consciously try to pray first before I do and say the things that get me into trouble.

Commitment #2 Let Go and Let God I am a control freak. I keep forgetting I am not the one in control. God is. I need to let go and let God take control of my life. I know he can do a much better job than I can.

Commitment #3 Worry Less I waste too much time and energy worrying about the "what ifs and should haves" in my life. This year I am going to give God my worries and try not to keep taking them back.

Commitment#4 My body is God's temple and I should treat it accordingly My First Place group teaches placing God first in all areas of our lives-spiritually, mentally and physically. I will commit to studying God's word, exercising and eating healthy. I will not allow anyone -especially myself-to dishonor God's temple.

Proverbs 16:3 Commit to the Lord whatever you do and your plans will succeed.

No comments: