Tuesday, January 27, 2009

God Loves YOU! by Theresa Zuber




I have three children. Although each is different, I love them all. They in turn love me. How did this come to be? First, I cared for them when they were small; when they were too tiny to even understand what love is. As they grew, they began to understand that they were dependent on me for their needs. But they also loved to be near me, to have me hold them and to spend time with them. They grew to love me. You see, no one explained love to them, they just loved naturally. They loved because they were shown love, experienced love, and lived love.

Your heavenly Father has created you. He loved you before your mother ever saw your face. He has formed you, taken care of you, showered you with love, and met your needs. As you have grown in His love, have you returned that love to Him? God desires a relationship with YOU and you alone. Oh, He also desires a relationship with me, but I cannot give Him what you can.

Should I be satisfied if only two of my children returned my love? Would I not be empty and heartbroken if the third child ignored my existence? Or perhaps acknowledged me but his or her words were empty of meaning – empty of love; a half-hearted attempt at a relationship. I desire a special relationship with each of my children.

Much in the same way, God desires a special relationship with each of us. No one else can fill that special place in God’s heart that is YOU-shaped. Take a look at your relationship with the Creator. He’s waiting just for you.




Isaiah 49:15-16 (TM) "Can a mother forget the infant at her breast, walk away from the baby she bore? But even if mothers forget, I'd never forget you—never. Look, I've written your names on the backs of my hands.”

No comments: