Sunday, September 14, 2008

Changes by Donna (Ensign) Woods


The woman that looks out of the mirror,
Isn't the one I remember from yester-year.
She's older and grey and changed a little now
Her eyes look the same, but they're different some how.
The laughter of youth used to be on her face,
Now, little wrinkles are taking their place.

The house I grew up in has been torn away,
It brings tears to my eyes, I have to say.
The big maple tree that I used to play under
Was long ago destroyed by lightening and thunder.
...I still remember the room in which I slept,
Where are my dreams and treasures I kept.

My kids are growing up and moving out on their own.
Everything changes, even here in my home.
They're trading in a snuggly teddy bear,
For husbands and wives with a future to share,
No more wet kisses or nighty-night song,
The world is full of changes, my whole life long.

Every morning as I sit and pray...
I quietly remember the day...
When a family ate together every night,
And "home-made" food was a normal sight.
A "treat" ...was ice cream for a dime
...Not the poisonous drugs of our time.

Everything changes...except God above
Consistant in His mercy and love.
Preparing for me, His perfect plan
...Loving me...just as I am...
Lives are always changing...yours and mine
But God is the same....through all of time.

No comments: