Wednesday, February 29, 2012


DESIRES OF MY HEART
written by Donna (Ensign) Woods
 
Psalm 37:4
"Delight yourself in the Lord
and He shall give you the desires of your heart."
 
What are the desires of my heart ?
Where, Oh where do I start??
Blessings and joy and wealth,
Long life and good health......
But, as I peel off the Earthly layers,
What is at the heart of my prayers?
Ask and I shall receive....
With all faith to believe.
In my Lord, I delight.
But what desires are in my sight??
I desire faith for each step
That leads me to where joy is kept.
I hunger for wisdom, so I will know
What direction I am to go.
If I seek His perfect will....
My cup, He will overfill.....
I desire a song to sing
A joyful noise for my King.
I want to make a difference some how....
For eternity, not just here and now
I desire Heavenly mansions for those I love.
Eternal dwelling places above.
I want to leave a powerful legacy
So others will know and see....
And I desire to hear God say....
"Well done" on judgement day.

No comments: