Thursday, June 23, 2011

WHERE OH DEATH written by Donna ( Ensign) Woods


 
Where, Oh death, is your final threat ?
I fought a good fight....the goal has been met.
So very tired, I grew fragile and weak...
I anxiously waited for the Lord, I did seek.
In calm silence, I closed my eyes...
And saw a multitude of angels fill the skies...
It's time !...It's time !....The Lord was calling my name....
Oh death !!!....What a blessed...awaited gain !!
No more suffering or pain to entwine...
Replaced by peace, not subject to time.
Where, Oh death, is your labored sting ??
In the arms of Christ, I hear angels sing.
In the radiant glow of Heaven's glorious light....
Oh such wondrous reward for my earthly fight !!
He opened wide His arms to lovingly embrace...
As He wiped all tears from my face.
The jaws of death could not hold onto me
But set me free....for eternity.
Where, Oh death, is your fatal bite ??
In the arms of Christ....I  HAVE  WON  THE  FIGHT !!!!!!!!!

No comments: