Tuesday, August 2, 2011

More Than Just Words..... by Vaneta Andrews

“God, sometimes you give me words that I never dreamed I would have.  You give me a way of saying things, a way of putting my/your thoughts together that just amaze me.”

That was a conversation I had with God today.  His reply … “it’s about more than just words!  It’s about the heart!  When your heart is in tune with mine nothing is impossible.”

Matthew 19:26  Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”

So why do we let our hearts get hard?  I guess because we gradually start letting the world creep in.  We gradually stop listening to Christian music, stop reading the Word, stop fellowshipping with other Christians, stop going to church, stop praying and yet we wonder where is God?!  Did you notice I said WE gradually stop … I didn’t say anything about God going anywhere.  He was, He is, He always will be right there knocking on our heart’s door wondering why we won’t open it and let Him back in!

Revelation 3:20  “Here I am! I stand at the door and knock.  If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me.”

So the next time you wonder where God is or why He left you to handle a tough situation alone remember … you are not alone and God is not the one who left.  Stop to listen to the knocking at your heart, open the door and receive the fullness of God’s blessings!

Lord, Thank you for never leaving us, never forsaking us and never giving up on us!!

No comments: