Monday, June 7, 2010

MY FRIEND written by Donna (Ensign) Woods


My Friend is always beside me
To share in all I do and see.

Behind me to guard my back,
From Satan's plan of attack.

In front of me to lead the way
Lighting my path for each day.

He is under me---for strength to stand
For trials and joys He has planned

Up over...to release blessings rain
Showering me with mercy....soothing my pain.

In my heart... He lives within
An awesome Friend, I have in Him.

Under, Over, Beside, Behind....
In front of me, to ease my mind.

My Friend protects me under His wing...
Forever gives me a song to sing.

Daily refills my cup of hope
Renewing my strength to laugh and cope.

I feel His arms hug me tight.
For me....I know He'll fight.

He shares in my laughter and my tears,
Calming my doubts, and my fears.

My friend is always very near,
To whisper His truth in my ear.

Caressing my aching soul,
When trials of life take their tole.

When I stumble and fall
I hear Him gently call.

.....Or if I lose my way
....Close by me He will stay.

Long ago.....He went before me
....So my heart could see
.....His forever love....on Calvary.

No comments: