Monday, June 7, 2010

It's not an Even Trade! by Theresa Zuber

“I’m trading my sorrows. I’m trading my shame. I’m laying them down for the joy of the Lord.
I’m trading my sickness. I’m trading my pain. I’m laying them down for the joy of the Lord.”

Recently during our Sunday morning corporate worship, Tina encouraged us to be sure that when we “trade” God our sorrows, our pain, our worries, etc., that we make sure we take back His joy, His comfort – since that’s what trading is all about! Psalm 55:22 tells us to cast our cares on Him!

Have you ever tried to just GIVE someone something expecting nothing in return? You may no longer have use for it and you just want to pass it on. Some people insist on keeping up their end of the “deal.” My dad’s like that. Rarely will he just let me bless him with something. Even if I give him leftovers, sometimes he will bring me some food (or something) back in return. You just can’t out give my dad.

Our Heavenly Father is just like that- even more so!! He asks for a tithe, not because He needs our money but He needs us to LET GO of it! He promises us in Malachi 3:10 that He will bless us more abundantly than we can imagine: blessings of all types – not just monetary. We serve – He rewards. We worship – He inhabits the praises of His people. We obey – He is faithful. Even when we fall short on our side of the “trade” – God still gives to His children out of His abundant love. 1 John 3:1 How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are!

Looking for a last minute Father’s Day gift? How about a Christian CD? Try Mark Schultz “Come Alive” , “WOW Hits 2010” which features various artists, or Phillips, Craig & Dean’s “Fearless.”

No comments: