Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Circle of Love by Joyce Schafer


There are flowers everywhere! Having moved into our “new” old home in the summer, I had no idea what pleasant surprises awaited me this Spring. I had carefully dug up some of my tulips and lilies to take with me but this spring I was surprised to learn that the former owners loved these flowers as much as I do. They are popping up all over the place!

Last summer we had removed a jungle of old vines and discovered an unsafe cistern in our back yard. With all the grandkids running around, we knew this was not a good thing so the cistern was filled in with lots of dirt. Over the winter the dirt settled and we were left with a sunken hole in the center of the mound . We were planning on filling in the hole again and then I was going to make a flower bed so that the grandkids would stay out of it. Imagine my surprise when I discovered flowers popping up in a horseshoe shape around this hole. A couple of days later another row of the same Spring bulbs showed up in the center of my backyard- just perfect to be moved and to make a complete circle. This will be my “Circle of Love Flower Garden” to keep my little ones protected.

When I think of all the adversity (not to mention dirt) these bulbs went through to grow, I am reminded of a lot of Christians I have known over the years. They have suffered greatly but have kept their faith alive and have continued to grow and like my flowers they have become a “Circle of Love” in my life.

1 Peter 1:24-25 “All men are like grass, and all their glory is like the flowers of the field; the grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of the Lord stands forever…”

No comments: