Monday, September 21, 2009

Like a Two-Year-Old by Joyce Schafer


Recently we went to Holiday World. Since I am not a "ride person" I hung out with our two-year-old granddaughter. She needed someone to hold her hand to keep her on the right path, pick her up when she fell down and carry her when she was worn out. I realized how much like a two-year-old I am in God's eyes.
He is always trying to keep me on the right path but sometimes like a two-year-old I can be stubborn and want to go in another direction. I am constantly stumbling and falling down but he is always there to pick me up, dust me off, and get me back on my feet. When I am weary and cannot go any farther, he carries me and comforts me.
God, I pray that you will help me to outgrow my stubborn two-year-old tendencies. I need to trust in you completely. Only then will I achieve my goal of becoming a mature Christian.

No comments: