Saturday, July 18, 2009

My Hero by Donna (Ensign) Woods


...from the eyes of a three year old...

Grandpa is my Hero
...Neatest old guy I know.
Each time I want to be heard,
He listens to my every word.
Playing ball out in the yard,
Cheering loud, when I hit it hard.
Chasing me around each base,
My Hero puts the "happy" on my face.
I love playing games with him
...He always lets me win !
It's baseball, football and volleyball...
We practice, play and watch it all !
Takes me to see the Eagles play,
It's a Gage and Grandpa day !!
He saddles up the old brown mare,
Sets me in the saddle ...with "Hero" care.
Out on the prairie, playing Wild West,
My Hero is the very best !
Answering my questions...one and all,
...There to catch me...if I stumble and fall.
When it's time for a snack and a little T.V.
My Hero watches Sponge Bob with me !
...Grandpa always has time for me.
....A Hero, he will always be !

No comments: