Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Ask Marsha Stewmart by Susan Shull

Dear Marsha,

When my kids were small, I imagined all the entertaining my husband and I would do once they were grown and on their own. I even have the fine china and cloth napkins ready to go. Dreams of the gourmet group we would become part of still surface occasionally. I have never dreamed that instead of a gourmet club, we would be joining the Motorcycles for the Maker group! Now we are out on the road every weekend cruising from one restaurant to another having a wonderful time. We do miss our friends who haven’t succumbed to motorcycle fever. How do we find the balance between time spent with our friends in leather and those still on 4 wheels?

Having a Ball on our Hogg

Dear Having a Ball on our Hogg,

Now honey, get a grip! Don’t beat yourself up over what you can’t do. Just be a creative problem solver! Ask those friends to follow behind in their car or just meet you at your next stop. They can even carry your extra gear-kind of like when I used to hold everyone’s purses and souvenirs at Six Flags because I was afraid to ride the roller coasters. Meeting there should work out great since you can’t visit on the trip there on motorcycles anyway. Watch out! Those non-motorcycle lovers may soon have a bigger “hogg” than you!

Ciao, Marsha

No comments: