Friday, November 27, 2009

Worship Spotlight 11 16 09

After God parted the Red Sea and allowed the Israelite nation to escape from Pharaoh, the Israelite people celebrated. How did they show their joy and thankfulness? They sang a song to the Lord:

Exodus 15: 1 Then Moses and the Israelites sang this song to the LORD : "I will sing to the LORD, for he is highly exalted. The horse and its rider he has hurled into the sea. 2 The LORD is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation. He is my God, and I will praise him, my father's God, and I will exalt him.”

When was the last time that you were so thankful to God that you sang a song to Him? He has saved you from bondage – delivered you from the grips of Hell. We should celebrate that every day we are on this earth!

Col 3:15 Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. 16Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God.

I’m reminded of a chorus we sang years ago, “Give thanks with a grateful heart. Give thanks to the Holy One. Give thanks because He’s given Jesus Christ his Son.” Worshiping is about so much more than “singing songs.” Worship Him with a grateful heart – mindful of everything He has done for you!

No comments: