Thursday, August 20, 2009

Are you Hungry? by Theresa Zuber

I recently read this line in a prayer “Give me a hunger to get into Your word and let Your word get into me.” Although I know that I need to be in His Word daily, I forget that I can pray for him to help me have that hunger. It seems silly, but life gets SO busy – so filled with commitments, activities, work, etc. It’s easy to forget what should be my priority. Yet somehow, I never forget to eat 3 meals a day. My hunger tells me it’s time. Am I ignoring the hunger pangs for time his Word? Am I noticing the “deficiency” when my steady diet is missing such a necessary ingredient?

I’ve recently been trying to memorize scripture. I’m convinced that hiding His word in our hearts is important. However, I’m coming to the conclusion that these “snacks” from the Bible are not enough to sustain me! They are an anchor in a storm, a guide for my life, a comfort and a hope, but they can’t be my steady diet. I hope that you will join me in praying that God will give me a hunger to get into His Word and that His word will get into me!

No comments: